GRT® belts are constructed of polyester or nylon fabrics. Tough polyester filament yarns give GRT® belts high tensile strength. The longitudinal warp yarns carry the tension, and the transverse fill yarns hold the warp in place and retain the mechanical fasteners. The crimp in the fabric acts as a shock absorber, permitting the fabric to deflect and adjust itself during impact shock.
- Controlled stretch provided for by Polyester’s low stretch and shrink properties reduce takeup and time needed for drive adjustments
- Resistance to mildew and rot means that wet applications will not affect the belt
- Low moisture absorption ensures better dimensional stability in wet or dry applications
- Excellent resistance to chemicals and acids allows a wide range of uses in a variety of environments
- High adhesion between plies and outstanding flexibility allow the use of smaller pulleys, yielding longer service life
- Excellent resistance to stretch and break down due to heat means consistent service in high temperature applications
- Superior fastener holding ability