The “Log King” is a Tech-Flex 2-600 1/4 x FS (Friction Surface) Dulon 600, a dual unit construction of polyester and nylon fabrics. Designed as a problem solver for Log Handling and other specialized applications to help avoid frequent and costly shut down and replacement problems where the belt is subjected to severe cutting, gouging, tearing or impact.
The “Log King” utilizes a Tech-Flex II carcass protected by Dulon 600, Grade I, rubber covers. The Tech-Flex carcass is a straight warp construction with high strength synthetic yarns laid in concentrated parallel planes then locked together in a special binder procedure. These planes provide a reinforcing effect to the fabric thereby eliminating the need for multiple plies.
The adhesion characteristics of the “Log King” Tech-Flex II are excellent. The high adhesions result from the normal chemical bonding that takes place between the compound and the textile treatments, plus a mechanical bond that develops between the compound around the complex weave of the textile.
RIP AND IMPACT RESISTANCE
The “Log King” Tech-Flex II offers excellent rip and impact resistance due to the design of the weave. The straight fill members, placed above and below the straight warp yarns, offer increased rip resistance because these fill members tend to bunch up when subjected to a ripping action. Increased impact resistance is another benefit of straight warp construction because the parallel planes of fibers offer additional resistance to lump impingement.
The cover on the “Log King” is our DULON 600, which is formulated to have superior resistance to the cutting, gouging, and tearing caused by the impact of large material. An RMA Grade I rubber compound designed to withstand abusive conditions, DULON 600 has high abrasion resistance and excellent low temperature flexibility. In addition to log handling applications with the “Log King”, DULON 600 covers are recommended for service with all kinds of hard, sharp ores, quartz, trap rock, rip-rap, granite, scrap metal and similar heavy duty applications.
BENEFITS OF “LOG KING”
High Strength Carcass Construction
- Straight Warp Yarn with binder provide extra strength
- Reinforcing eliminates need for multiple plies resulting in a thinner and more flexible belt
- Allows the belt to operate over smaller pulleys
- Resists flex fatigue, lasts longer
- Easier to install in hard to access areas
- Straight warp weave stretches less than crimped weave fabrics
- Longer Belt Life
Superior Trough and Load Support
- Flexibility in carcass design ensures excellent empty belt troughing
- Parallel planes of straight crosswise members give strength and stability to bridge the idler roll gaps under full loads
CHUTE LINING & SKIRTBOARD RUBBER
Extruded Skirtboard Rubber
- Tough SBR construction.
- Ideal for seals on skirtboard to help prevent spillage and contain loads on conveyor systems.
- Made of SBR, with optional duck fabric backing available on minimum quantity orders
- Most suitable for chute lining, as well as belt wipers and laundry lining
Super RINOHIDE #7160
- Made of specially compounded SBR to withstand severe impact and abrasion.
- Suitable for chute lining, skirtboards, belt wipers, impact pads, scraper stock, bumper pads, tumbler liners, and sand and shot curtains.
- Constructed of high-quality SBR, with one ply of 35 oz. Silver Hard Duck fabric as backing.
- Two-ply duck fabric also available on minimum quantity orders.
- Improved bolting and fastening capabilities. Excellent for bumper stock, chute lining and impact pads.
Tan Gum Style #135
- Made of pure gum rubber for highest tensile strength.
- Ideal for skirtboard, bumper stock, laundry lining, sand and shot blast curtains, scraper stock and tumbler liners.
WARNING: Properties/applications shown throughout this brochure are typical. Your specific application should not be undertaken without independent study and evaluation for suitability. For specific application recommendations consult GRT Rubber. Performance data published in this brochure has been developed from field testing, customer field reports and/or in-house testing. While the utmost care has been used in compiling this brochure, we assume no responsibility for errors. Specifications subject to change without notice. This edition cancels all previous issues. Subject to change without notice.